Mu asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 1 month ago

What is "in deep"? I m a English learner, please help me?

I had no idea that you're in deep

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

The sentence that you give as an example does not make much sense at all. Where did you hear something like this?

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

If you need to ask a similar question in the future, PLEASE remember to post the whole sentence, and give us some idea of what the people were talking about.

We all know that "in deep" means "deeply involved" in something, but without the context we can't give you as much help as we would like.

• 1 month ago

Could be a fill in the blank, like :D

I had no idea you're in deep sh*t

It means you're in trouble

• 1 month ago

It's an expression that means you are very, very involved in something - usually too far involved to get out of it. If you are madly in love, you are 'in deep', if you've joined the mafia, you are 'in deep'

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Means deeply involved.

• 1 month ago

I would understand /use it to mean "you are in deep (big) trouble" , but slang/common usage has different meanings to different people. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

It depends on context. It can either mean that you're heavily involved in whatever is being talked about (if it's more than you can handle, then you're "in over your head") or mean that you're in a lot of trouble because "in deep" is short for "in deep ѕ h i t."

• Mu1 month agoReport

Very helpfull! Thank you!

• Scott
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

It means that you are involved in some sort of problem or predicament for which it will not be easy to extract yourself.  The term might apply to a dysfunctional relationship.

• Marduk
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Means in the fecal material, in deep shiiiit!! Usually is very bad situation.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.