Rea asked in Home & GardenCleaning & Laundry · 2 months ago

Do I need to change clothes when I get home ?

When I go to the store do I need to change clothes once I get home? I may be obsessing, but I often feel the need to shower and change clothes every time when I get home from grocery store. It’s tiring. 

I think like you a lot.  and do a quick wash every  other day. then line dry outside.  

whatever you do is your business why do you feel need to ask here to strangers it be wierd

• Mark

"Obsessing" is your first clue... No, if you're not sweating, and if you LOOK at a garment, that is not a good reason.

At this current time, probably better to be safe than sorry.

I think it's just a BIT excessive. You can keep a can of Lysol spray near the door where you come in and spray yourself before entering. Then wash your hands. 

You're getting paranoid. We all are. I am like the queen of hand sanitizer when I have to go out--keep it in my purse all the time.  And I'm not sick, so it must be okay. 

But seriously, the virus does not live for long on surfaces like clothing, if you've even had contact with it, which, if you're following social distancing guidelines, you aren't. I wouldn't do all that changing and showering unless I'd been coughed or sneezed on. And even then it would have to wait until I killed the person who coughed on me. :D

No--really. I don't think you need to go as far as you do. Unless you feel better doing it.  

• spinesign

I was at bank a few weeks ago, and they kept spraying Lysol in customer traffic area.  Forget the virus, that stuff both smelled bad and is poison for people also.  

I shop only once a week and shower as soon as I come back. I don't immediately wash my clothes but rather air it dry till I use it again the second week then I wash.

Since it's a weekly affair I don't get tired and showering makes me feel clean. I disinfect my mask with rubbing alcohol and leave it to dry till I'm ready to use it again after a week.

• drip

Wash your face , arms and hands and change clothes.  

It’s up to you. If you feel comfortable then go ahead. 

I would wash and change if someone sneezed or coughed on me or I couldn’t self distance for a prolong period. If you’re at the market and someone came close to you while passing you by, you don’t need to change. If they were to touch you then I would change. 

Do what makes you feel comfortable, but I would guess you are going a bit overboard.

No you don't need to change clothes when you get home from the supermarket.  There are times when you should hazmat in to your house, but this is not one of them.  A reason to hazmat into your house would be a contamination that covers your clothes.  Nuclear fall out is one of those.  Or a time when your potentially covered with something.  Example, you go to a public rest room and while there, you have multiple people using forced air hand dryers.  The forced air will blow their hands dry, but also anything on them, or even from the floor and put that into the air(wear your mask).  If someone was covid positive, they could blow all of that stuff all over the room(like singing).  So if you are in a rest room, and you see someone going for the air dryer, tell them: "Please don't do that, it blows all of the stuff around the room."  

After your trip to the supermarket, If you park your car out doors, leave your car mask/supermarket mask in the car on the front dash board so that the sun can bake it through the windshield.  Close the windows and doors and let the sun cook the car.  The temp will rise up to 140F and kill everything in the car.  Then you can just go into your house and wash your hands.  Its simple and effective...  I have two masks in my car in the windshield.  I rotate them when ever i am out and about.  I also try to stay atleast 6 feet from everyone while wearing a mask.