Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationMaintenance & Repairs · 2 months ago

I bought a used car and when I use the ac full blast I see water droplets coming out of the bottom of the car when I’m parked?

Is that bad or normal? Should I take it back to the dealership?

Perfectly normal,

When hot air with high humidity touches a cold surface it cools the air. Cold air can't hold as much water vapor so that humidity condenses into liquid water droplets and sticks to that cold surface. As this goes on the drops get bigger and bigger until gravity pulls them off and they fall harmlessly to the ground. This is why water droplets form on the outside of your glass when you have a cold drink on a hot humid day.

When you run your air conditioner on a humid day, this happens on the cold sections of the AC system under the hood of your car. It is NOT one of your car's critical fluids - just water vapor from the air that has been converted to liquid because of a temperature change. The water won't hurt anything under your hood - everything is sealed and protected from moisture because it is designed to withstand driving in the rain.

Dude! Bring it over to my garage. I won't charge you more than a couple thousand to fix it.

If gas doesn't stay in my tank, is that normal?

If it's sunny in the day time, is that normal?

When my beer goes flat if I don't drink it, is that normal?

• None2 months agoReport

Sounds likes typical mechanic. Rip everyone off because they are scumbags that profit off dishonesty. 

That’s why I service my own vehicle, not paying a scumbag to rip me off. 

Perfectly normal. 

Sounds like condensation. That’s normal.

The dealership you bought the used car from is not responsible to make any repairs for you unless you got it under a warranty, which is unlikely because it’s a used car.

Troll

dfghjyuiopghjkuiopio

That's perfectly normal. The AC is condensing water out of the air. Enjoy the coolness.

That's just the condensation dripping that you AC is taking out of the interior air.

Source(s): Mitsubishi Master Tech
  • Ron

Every car that you've ever owned and ran the a/c did that. Glad you've finally started paying attention

• Barry

That's perfectly normal. Ice forms on the evaporator and melts and drains to the ground. Similar to domestic fridges. We don't see it in fridges as it's directed to the hot compressor and evaporates off.

• None2 months agoReport

Ice shouldn’t be forming on the evaporator, if it is then the A/C system needs to be serviced. 

It’s condensation from the system operating in a hot and humid environment. Just like a cool drink crates condensation on the outside of the cup on a hot and humid day. 

It is normal. The freezing cold air conditioner causes water in the atmosphere to condense.