What are the best places to visit in the US?

What are the best places to visit in the US for a 2 weeks vacation?

Where are you coming from and what is your image of America?

The USA is divided up by various landscapes (urban, farm land, mountains, sea shores, deserts, forests, swamps...etc..). 

There is also the COVID problem.  Most of the fun urbanish places are pretty much shut down.  Example, Key West Florida is (was) are great party location, but right now I suspect the restrictions with respect to social distancing have really put a damper on the Key West scene.

My suspicions are that most people coming from "Europe/Middle East" want to see the Wild Wild West.  If yes, go to the SW corner - S. California, Las Vegas, Arizona.

Would have been nice to know where you are coming from. The US doesnt have a lot of old buildings, so when you get street directions its: Take a left at Mc Donalds and go straight, and take a right at Burger King. Anyways, most of the States look the same to me, to be honest. And I've been to almost all of em multiple times.

For that matter make sure you go somewhere where there is some nature left.

• Foofa

Depends on whether your idea of a good time is culture, nature, sun and sand or snowboarding. This is a big country with a lot of geographical diversity. 

If you like mountains, you could spend two weeks in Colorado or maybe go through Utah, Idaho, Washington, and Montana.  If you have enough money, you could spend two weeks in Florida, mostly in the Orlando area.  Or you could tour the greatest state in the USA, Texas.  There is plenty to do to entertain you for two weeks.

• drip

I agree with other posts, you need to re post and give us some hints or guidelines as to what your like or want to do.

The National State Parks are wonderful. The Grand Canyon and the Redwood Forests are unique 

Just be aware of how big the US is. I have had friend from the UK visit and they didn’t grasp how far apart things are, how much travel time was needed. Trains are limited and there are few routes considering the size of the US.  And will eat up a lot of your time.  You need to stick to one area. 

Even flying can take up most of a day. You could fly into NYC or Washington DC or Chicago. Spend time in the  city. The spend a day flying to San Francisco and explore that area and fly home from there.

Depends on what you like.  You'll never get to see everything and shouldn't try.  The country is bigger than all of Europe. 

That said, from an outdoor/national park standpoint Yosemite is my favorite as long as you time it in the off season to avoid the millions of people.  A trip through the Southwest is always great including Grand Canyon, Sedona, Mesa Verde, and up into Colorado more.  That can easily be a week or two trip.  

Big city standpoint NYC is the winner.  San Francisco is smaller with its own uniqueness.  

I wouldn't spend 2 weeks in any one location but a lot of people like to hit a the main cities like Los Angeles, San Francisco, Las Vegas, Denver, Dallas, Chicago, New York or Miami.  It all depends on your budget.  

• Charles

I think like you do.

San Francisco, CA

it depends on what type of vacation you want to have. Do you want big city? Then look at San Francisco, NYC, Boston, New Orleans, Las Vegas, Chicago. If you want historic America hit sites in the original colonies, Boston again, Concord, and Lexington Ma. Other historic places are Gettysburgh PA, Antituem Maryland, Washington DC. Or take a different path and see some of the national parks, Smokey Mountain National Park, Yellowstone, Grand Canyon,etc. The USA has so many things to see