Is 171k miles on a 2009 Nissan Altima still good and reliable ? ?

Is 171k miles on a 2009 Nissan Altima still good and reliable ? 

Those things have CVT TRANSMISSIONS I would not recommend it Those tranny's are garbage and also expensive to replace If you like it , get it But if anyone in my family was looking at any Nissan car I remind them there pricy to fix , and those CVT SLUSH BOX THEY CALL A TRANSMISSION is a. Deal breaker for me . I never recommend Nissan I've had nothing but bad luck or just got junk trucks from them It one or the other it most likely both . I myself unless the price was super cheap I'd pass on it That's just my opinion But I've wasted 10 of thousands of dollars owning 3 Nissan's One a Altima I would not never ever buy one new or used ever again .. My experience was horrific and expensive with Nissan

• Kaz

It could be if it was maintained and serviced regularly.  

If it reached 171K miles it most likely was.  

You have to consider that a lot could go wrong on a car with that much mileage, but if that's all you can afford (hopefully it's really cheap) - it might be worth it.  

If I were you, I'd have a mechanic look it over before giving them any money.

If it's a 4 cylinder motor it won't cost a lot to keep it running. The 6 cylinder motors have timing chain and cam advance actuator problems.If you have a 6 cylinder motor make sure you keep the oil level topped up between oil changes and change your oil every 3,000 miles if using regular oil and every 5,000 miles if using synthetic oil.

Source(s): Mitsubishi Master Tech