If the south is so racist why are so many black people dumb enough to live there then ?

I have no sympathy for hearing about stories of injustice that happen in southern states, their fault for being dumb enough to live there 

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

It may have escaped your attention, but most of these police killings of black men do NOT happen in the south. For one thing, a good proportion of the police force in southern cities consists of African Americans. Most cities in the South have African American mayors. While there is still racism and discrimination, there are also opportunities because of a greater number of teachers, employers, and local government officials who are African American. 

The two incidents currently all over social media happened in New York and Minneapolis. 

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

Blacks were slaves there. A lot of them moved out of the south but not everyone. The south is very poor and uneducated. Most people there couldn't afford to live somewhere sophisticated like California or New York. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Hello! Thank you for your question. First of all, I'd like to point out your using bias language in your questions. There are better ways to phrase that question. 

Black people are not dumb. Many black people have no other option. Many black people are hardworking, yet still live in poverty. They don't have enough money to move to a better place; and those communities safe for black people tend to be more expensive.They don't have control over the color of their skin, but their oppressors (you, clearly) can and should change their perspective and look on them with kindness. They are not dumb. They are not violent. Most of them are doing their best. They are human beings and should be treated as such. We also don't want to create another segregated and divided America, because then we're erasing the hundreds of years of progress made towards racial equality. I highly recommend watching the movie: "The Hate U Give" (2018)You're confident in your opinion, this movie shouldn't change the way you think. 

Also, hating on others can be quite tiring and usually reflects an insecurity inside yourself. I would stop focusing so much on manifesting hatred towards black people and start focusing on the things you can control in life. 

I hope that helped! 

• 1 month ago

'Imp'pressioning kids thinks the only happens to them - Great view on the outside though.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.