Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 4 months ago

I am watching & reading The Outsiders for school and I was wondering if someone would help me answer this question?

Here’s the question: Explain The similarities and differences between the book and the movie and the scene when pony boy meets Cherry. 

• Zac Z

"I was wondering if someone would help me answer this question" - no, you were wondering if someone would answer this question for you.

Not at all the same thing.

There should be enough people here to do the former, not so many to do the latter.

If you actually read the book AND watched the movie like you're supposed to why can't you answer this? Surely you took notes on both.

Sure. In the book Ponyboy meets Cherry while they're both breaking into Mr. Symes' house so that they can both "lay a cable" in Symes' bed because he keeps giving them low marks. In the movie, of course, this is toned down - instead, they both end up mugging Symes' mother who is visiting him, tie her up and use her head as a dartboard. They're such rascals, those two.