Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHomework Help · 1 month ago

What will my grade be if i have a 82.37 and miss one 100 point assignment?

i’m debating if I should do a project or just skip it. (i have 21 assignments put in) (if that matters)

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Let's assume all 21 assignments have the same weight, 100 points.  You've done 20 with an average of 82.37 so you've earned 20 * 100 * 0.8237 = 1647.  If you don't earn anything on this last assignment, you get 1647 / 21 = 78.45%

Now let's say this is a final and the others are worth just 10 marks each.  Marks earned = 20 * 10 = 200.  your final score is now out of 100 (200 + 100) = 300.  You're earned 0.8237 * 200 / 300 = 54.91%.  Big difference.

In short, not enough information to answer.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

There's no way to know exactly because there's missing information needed to figure things out. For example, how much the assignments were worth. So you could have one assignment that's worth 10 points and another that's worth 25. It's also important to know how assignments are weighted. They might be weighted the same or have one assignment weighted more heavily than another.  We also don't know how many total class points there are.

But suppose we assume that all assignments and other graded stuff are weighted equally and worth 100 points. And assume there are 3000 total class points a student could have up to now. Here, your 82.37 overall course grade would mean you have 2471.1 points. 

Missing that 22nd assignment would mean your total points stays the same. But the total class points goes up by 100. So your class grade would drop to 79.71.

But if this assignment is weighted more heavily than say a 25 point assignment, then your grade can take a much bigger hit! 

Source(s): I've taught lots of subjects and calculated grades. Plus, i"m very good with math, which I've also taught.
  • 1 month ago

Probably an F - you really can't laze off like this

• 1 month ago

What is your average?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

D or F . . . . . . .

• Squid
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

What is the total number of points available for ALL projects.  Cannot answer the question without knowing that.  Your grade is (total points earned) / (total points available)

• 1 month ago

Depends on how many the class is total.  Could drop you to an F, could be a fraction of a percent, but we don't know because you have to tell us what the other 21 assignments are.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.