RannyP asked in Business & FinanceCredit · 5 months ago

is it normal for a company to bill your credit card before they ship what you purchased?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • RICK
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Very common, who in their right mind  would ship until they knew for sure they could get their money

• J
    Lv 6
    5 months ago

Usually a company will not ship any orders until payment has been made. They would be stupid to ship something before they get paid. 

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Not necessarily billed yet.  They tend to do a hold for the amount of purchase at the time of purchase with the actual charge coming back when they ship.

• 5 months ago

Standard practice. How do you think a merchant is told your card is either accepted or declined?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 5 months ago

If you're a company, would you like to find out that someone gave you bogus credit card information before or after you ship them a product?

• 5 months ago

oh yes it's quite normal for a company to Bill your credit card before they ship what you purchased if you buy something from Walmart or from Best buy they charge your credit card and after they see that your credit card had the money on it then they shift you your item in about 3 days

• Shay
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Most of the time, the companies I deal with charge my card on either the day of shipping or just one or two days before shipping.

After all, if the card declines payment - it is much easier to stop a shipment that hasn't left their building yet instead of calling back a shipment that is already in route to you.  

I would consider it perfectly normal as long as shipping is actually happening within 48 hours of the card being charged.  

• 5 months ago

Yes. Some companies do it just to make sure that you have money on your card and also to make sure that it’s not an unauthorized charge. 

Best Buy does it all the time. 

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

They shouldn't, but nearly all do.......I don't deal with them again.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Isn't that how it works? It's not the same as paying the pizza delivery guy.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.