Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesTheater & Acting · 2 months ago

Do people who typically act in musicals listen to them all the time?

I am? was? really into musical theater, I used to act often and was very passionate about it, but I don't listen to musicals often. Is this normal? I'm really struggling with the idea if I still like acting and musicals after I went into a panic attack hearing one. People began saying that I wasn't meant to act after this and I'm just curious if genuine actors listen and freak out over musicals in their spare time?

I don't know how the panic attack happened, but the reason was because a musical was playing in the background, my family was watching one, and after I heard it, it went downhill from there.

I am a musical star and to be honest, before my first musical I didn't listen to musical songs or just watched a musical. The first musical i did was the aristocats. Never even saw the movie. I watched it but i turned it of because it was bad. That is 6 years ago. Now I now more musicals but I never even heard a song from it. Like Hamilton, never listened, or wicked or even les miserable. Never! So the answer to your question is, no. Not me. Maybe other do. But i don't.

Michelle Obama said he never listens to musicals 

I act in musicals and occasionally enjoy listening to them (especially when doing mundane chores like cleaning the house).  Sometimes I sing along for fun.  But I don’t “freak out” over them.  

I get that you’re linking musicals to your panic attack because they occurred at the same time, but it’s possible that the musical didn’t cause the panic attack.  It’s more likely that there’s some underlying issue that  should be dealt other then just avoiding musicals all together.

• Cogito

I don't understand how listening to a musical could cause a panic attack.

But unless you've been studying acting, singing and dance at a very high ;level since you were about 7 years old, you'e left it far too late to be a professional.

However, many local community theatres produce musicals so if you really want to be involved, get involved.  Your choice.

Not necessarily.  People who acted in musical also acted in other types of productions and not since musicals are not a very popular acting form.  May actors have indicates that they had stage fright.  I performed in high school productions of West Side Story and guys and dolls, those of us who were serious about acting or singing didn't spend much time listening to or freaking out about musicals./

i