Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 4 months ago

17 hours to SpaceX liftoff, are you getting excited?

@liberal.. actually there is no legitimate reason why we can not do both.  Space exploration and improving things on earth don't have to be exclusive, they can even be synergistic. 

Favorite Answer

Yes because of my interest in Science and the solar system. No because money used 

for space exploration could be used to improve things here on Earth. Let's be realistic, 

if the moon or Mars were fit for human civilization, we'd probably already have at least

a couple million people living there. Instead because of morons like tRump, Kim, Putin, 

O'Connell, Netanyahu, the Saudis, Chinese and Iranians we're at risk of losing everything.

Where are they going? 

Yes, I enjoy watching the launches.

Not nearly as excited as I was to watch the liftoff and lunar landing of Apollo 11 a little short of 51 years ago.  Launched Wednesday, July 16, 1969 at 1332 UTC, lunar landing Saturday, July 19, 1969 at 2017 UTC.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apollo_11

It's great that we won't have to rely on the Russians anymore to get to space.

I'm also excited because I think the Space-X vehicle, the Dragon capsule, is superior to the one Boeing is developing. So it's great to see they beat Boeing into space.

Not necessarily excited, but I am going to watch.  I am old enough to remember seeing Alan Shepard blast off in the Freedom 7...I was 5 years old at the time.  I was glued to the TV watching Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin from the moon, and nine months later to see if Apollo 13 was going to return to Earth safely.  I will definitely be watching.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKFQClij1cc

Youtube thumbnail

It's secretly going to Mars dude.

Not really. It's not the first time people have orbited the earth.

I want to watch it. I hope everything goes well. 

• Dze

sure this marks the infancy of the galactic empire .. not that we've had much luck organizing any empires on earth yet lol ... but on a more serious note, the only feasible thing to do is eventually utilize our own solar system fully .. nothing beyond it is reachable in our present human form ..