Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationOther - Cars & Transportation · 1 month ago

Anti-lock brakes?

I am a 19 year old boy. I told my dad that I prefer anti-lock equipped vehicles to ones without it. He accused me of being an inexperienced idiot who doesn't know how to drive. He also said I'm the only person he knows that prefers ABS. I do understand that you have to pump the brakes when they lock up, however that has not worked for me in my experiences as well as letting a car with abs do all the work. Is it a generational gap where I grew up with it and he did not? Or am I missing something? Also, is it something I should not be worried about? Because it's getting harder and harder to find cars that are not equipped with ABS. 

I am not one of these kids that likes to do donuts, burnouts, etc. Cars are tools to get you from Point A to Point B and nothing more in my eyes. 

• k w

I had them, I almost wrecked in a limo, equipped with ABS, on a bumpy road the brakes wouldn't grab...I've hated them ever since.......

ABS is a good safety feature. In panic stops, it prevents wheels from locking up. It slows braking distance and allows steering control. Use the ABS vehicles.

• arther

i dont see why someone would not want a safety device, in a non abs car if a wheel locks get off the brakes and back on not as hard to lock up again, 

Some people prefer cars without abs because they like to have full control of their vehicle. And some people think they can stop faster without it. And yes, in some cases, abs can do more harm then good. But in most panic stops, abs does a better job then most drivers would today, otherwise we wouldn't have abs.

Nice troll story.  You do not even have a license yet.