Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 2 months ago

Did USA help UK during world war II from the beginning?

25 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

according to what i learned in school the us stayed out of the war until pear harbor then went all in, so that is what i was taught atleast

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

They helped after pearl harbour was bombed

• 2 months ago

No. England begged for supplies, war machines and planes, arms and assistance but the people and Congress were not willing to jump into the conflict. Roosevelt kept trying to get them to see reason, but he himself wasn't willing to send Americans to another war in Europe--he was really reluctant to do so, and there were many conflicts to be addressed at home--race riots, and labor union revolts for two. FDR was finally able to get an aid package passed that sent bombers and arms to England but it wasn't until the attack on Pearl Harbor that the American people and government changed their minds about participation. And it was almost too late. By the time America joined the war, Hitler had already invaded most of Europe and Northern Africa, and the Japanese had begun to conquer the South Pacific. It was a very close contest for a while. 

• Lv 5
      1 month agoReport

But in 1933 they were selling to the Nazis

http://emperors-clothes.com/articles/randy/swas1.htm

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

NO, they did not. It took sometime. FDR would have liked to have helped them before, but neither Congress nor the American public was interested in that.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

NO: the war started in 1939, the  USA didnt  join the war until  07/12/1941   and that only happened  because the st stupid Japanese attacked pearl harbour , if that japs had left  the Americans alone, the Americans  would  have carried on with is isolationist policy 

• Sunday Crone
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

The US was assisting the UK with  shipments of supplies almost from the beginning and anyone who has lived through it or read any history on the period knows it.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

No, WW2 began in Sept. 1939, the US began sending supplies/equipment to the UK in Sept. 1940.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

America officially only enter World War 2 two years into the war on December 8, 1941, 

• Dj2541
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

No in the  first  years of  WW2  American  industries  were  selling  all  sorts  of  Materials  to  both  sides. The  Americans  SOLD  to the  Brits  all  sorts  of  left over  WW1 destroyers and  also sold them Grant tanks and other  military  equipment.

• Lv 5
      2 months agoReport

http://emperors-clothes.com/articles/randy/swas1.htm

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

It's been confused by propaganda since put it like this Russia saved the world from the Nazis but there have been no Vladimir Wayne's killing hundreds of Germans in films the USA lost 500,000 men in WW2  the Russians lost 29 million men and women that is the ratio to bear in mind of involvement , we in the west believe we did it all and America most we did some but not the most important , the US never met the German 6th army that swept through Europe like a Knife through butter and left the British stranded at Dunkirk that is the truth but isn't what is believed 

• ...Show all comments
    • Lv 5
      2 months agoReport

I cannot converse with dogmas all humans are equal and you are just one I believe what I believe and on a battle field we both know what that means I am proud of my dad but the filth today was Hitler that wrong 

• 2 months ago

No they helped after the Japanese bombed Pearl Harber then they joined forces with the UK.   

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.