How long will it be until it is safe to go out among the pandemic?

i go out all the time. the problem is if you have have had  contact with someone that had the flu and you start  to have symptoms

It will be months....maybe years.They need too find a vaccine that will work.

why is this in this catergory and I think probaly 1 year

I'm not big on shopping, even in normal times. I go out when I need something, I don't spend money as entertainment. Few restaurants open where I am, but I have been to one that is. I don't wear a mask, but keep social distancing in mind. If I have to walk past someone, I do. If a store requires a mask, I shop elsewhere. 

I will have to wear a mask or face shield to go back to work. The face shield is on order, a mask is hard for me to breathe through after 20 or 30 minutes.

There are people taking their masked children out to stores 'because the kids are bored.' I was lectured 'not to judge' because after all, what else are parents supposed to do? I do note the hypocrisy of people who think the world is a dangerous place but take their kids out in it because they lack the imagination to entertain them any other way than buying them junk.

• SIR

Oh it is perfectly safe to go out, but as long as you keep following the social distance rule. Stay at least 2 metres apart from people outside your household. Keep washing your hands as frequently as possible. They're gradually opening up more shops but it's very restricted. You also are allowed exercise but still only about 1 hour a day. As far as picnics go, you should really do these in your own garden.

Never. You will NEVER be safe again

You can be as careful as all get-out, but all it takes is that one stupid person who chooses to ignore social norms, or the fact that they're sick.

Aside from that, who's to say the vaccine will actually work? It could just be a convenient excuse for the government to inject a computer chip into your body.

• Callaghan1 month agoReport

And why exactly would "the government" attempt to inject a computer chip into our bodies?

• Raditz

By "go out", you mean "going out like the old days without any worries of getting infected"...?

If it is, then probably until a vaccine is found + distributed to most people on Earth, which could took a while (the vaccine itself is scheduled to be finished around 2021, while distributing + mass-producing it took more time).

In the mean time, you can go out but with a very tight health protocols, like using masks, doing physical distancing, and keep your body sanitised by using hand sanitizers + take a shower after you go outside.

• Webbo

I go out most days and I'm ok.

• Rick B

I have been going out every day since this started. I eat at restaurants, I grocery shop, I go to work, I stop at Starbucks in the mornings. I work in the ICU with Covid patients every shift. Last weekend me and the kids went to the river and floated for a while. We walked around the River Walk in San Antonio.

I feel perfectly safe.

in other news :

the sky is falling!