Miguel asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 4 months ago

Why am I gaining weight instead of losing weight even if I am in a no added sugars diet?

• Favorite Answer

Hi! I think I can help! The only way to gain weight is if you have a calorie surplus (meaning you eat and / or drink more calories than you burn). Sometimes even when folks start eating healthier, they'll unknowingly take in too many calories and end up gaining weight even though they've cut out junk food like sugar as what you've said. Be careful not to go over 2000-2500 calories a day depending on your needs and keep exercising. You should start losing weight once the calories are in check. If you find yourself getting hungry, have something high protein but lower in calories like hard boiled eggs or skinless chicken! I hope I helped! 

carbs , bread potatoes rice etc 

FYI age does this too 

at a point you have to eat less and less with age 

see a doctor 

• .

Because sugar isn't the only thing with calories. All foods have calories, and weight (fat) gain is caused when you consume more calories than your body uses. Without knowing what your daily diet is like and your activity, we can't know if you are putting on fat or muscle, or if you're consuming too many calories for your size and activity level. 

If you're not eating more than you burn then you could be gaining muscle.

You are eating more calories than you were before. 

You need to look at your total carbs intake, not just sugars.

• A

total calories still matter, if you are eating a lot of carbs or fat, you are going to gain