Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingBaby Names · 1 month ago

if there is ppl called mercedes why does no one name their kid toyota or nissan?

22 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

becouse they are not chinese

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

'Mercedes' was the name of Benz's daughter. When he constructed his first car he named it after her. Hence ' Mercedes'. 

'Toyota' and 'Nissan' are Jaanese family names. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I guess it just sounds better. Maybe for the same reason Violet is a nice name but the name Purple just sounds weird.

• 1 month ago

I read, Mercedes is a Spanish is a feminine name, derived from María de las Mercedes ("Our Lady of Mercy" or "Mary of Mercies"), which is one of the Roman Catholic titles of the Virgin Mary.

Toyota was founded by K Toyoda and Nissan from Nihon, it also has a meaning in Hebrew.

Who knows, people in Japan might have those names.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • GB
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Mercedes was a girl's name before it was used for a car.

• 1 month ago

Christ !! Mercedes is a very bad name that is indicative of I'll educated parents !

Many years ago ( about 25 + years ago) I.was in a bus stop in Liverpool UK and heard this horrendous thick Scouse accent shout..

'Whitney and Ciabatta get ' are or I' ll batter you both' !! Yes her child was named after an Italian sharing bread and Whitney Houston given the year ! lololol I.still laugh about it even today .I.Also knew of a drug dealer in ' the area' back in those days with kids called Chantelle Mercedes and Suki Porsche...he btw drove a complete out Metro !! 😉

• Ludwig
      Lv 6
      1 month agoReport

You complete scouser, the car was named after the woman, not the other way round.

• Slug
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

ha ha

though I heard someone called their twins Covid and Corona WTF

• ...Show all comments
    • TheBellJar
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

The father said "Corona is a beautiful name because it is the Latin for Crown. But they also said it may be their temporary names because their family keep yelling at them about it.

• 1 month ago

Mercedes was a female name long before there were cars.

• 1 month ago

The name Mercedes came before cars. the car was originally named after a German person

• 1 month ago

Look it up

______

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.