Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingBaby Names · 1 month ago

if there is ppl called mercedes why does no one name their kid toyota or nissan?

becouse they are not chinese

'Mercedes' was the name of Benz's daughter. When he constructed his first car he named it after her. Hence ' Mercedes'. 

'Toyota' and 'Nissan' are Jaanese family names. 

I guess it just sounds better. Maybe for the same reason Violet is a nice name but the name Purple just sounds weird.

I read, Mercedes is a Spanish is a feminine name, derived from María de las Mercedes ("Our Lady of Mercy" or "Mary of Mercies"), which is one of the Roman Catholic titles of the Virgin Mary.

Toyota was founded by K Toyoda and Nissan from Nihon, it also has a meaning in Hebrew.

Who knows, people in Japan might have those names.

• GB

Mercedes was a girl's name before it was used for a car.

Christ !! Mercedes is a very bad name that is indicative of I'll educated parents !

Many years ago ( about 25 + years ago) I.was in a bus stop in Liverpool UK and heard this horrendous thick Scouse accent shout..

'Whitney and Ciabatta get ' are or I' ll batter you both' !! Yes her child was named after an Italian sharing bread and Whitney Houston given the year ! lololol I.still laugh about it even today .I.Also knew of a drug dealer in ' the area' back in those days with kids called Chantelle Mercedes and Suki Porsche...he btw drove a complete out Metro !! 😉

• Ludwig
      1 month agoReport

You complete scouser, the car was named after the woman, not the other way round.

• Slug

ha ha

though I heard someone called their twins Covid and Corona WTF

• TheBellJar
      1 month agoReport

The father said "Corona is a beautiful name because it is the Latin for Crown. But they also said it may be their temporary names because their family keep yelling at them about it.

Mercedes was a female name long before there were cars.

The name Mercedes came before cars. the car was originally named after a German person

Look it up

______