Do you believe that we inherit memories from our ancestors?

No I do not believe we can

I think it is possible, but that so far it's worked only very intermittently and inefficiently.

NO, but this question has nothing to do with Genealogy.

No, not at all

• Liz

No, I don't.

Condition of the Dead

Yes, the dead are lifeless, unable to hear, see, speak, or think. For example, the Bible says: “The living are conscious that they will die; but as for the dead, they are conscious of nothing at all . . . Their love and their hate and their jealousy have already perished.” The Bible also states: “There is no work nor devising nor knowledge nor wisdom in Sheol [the grave], the place to which you are going.”—Ecclesiastes 9:5, 6, 10.

According to God’s Word, therefore, while people are alive, they are aware of death. When death occurs, however, they are aware of nothing. They do not stand beside their own corpse, observing what is done to it. In nonexistence there is neither pleasure nor pain, neither joy nor sorrow. Those dead are not aware of the passing of time. Theirs is an unconscious state deeper than any sleep.

Source(s): jw.org
  • Zirp

Questions about the answerer are not allowed

Do you mean genetically, telepathy or only when the parent dies?

I'm unsure about memories; however, we do inherit physical and psychological traits. Something that your ancestors experienced or lived through before conception, could in theory be passed to you. In reality, you wouldn't have their memories, but rather, you would have damaged strains of DNA from traumatic experiences (i.e. stress).

• Maxi

Before I started to research my family history there were many places I visited on holiday for the first time that I loved and several times when driving on a long journey I  would stop somewhere for a rest or to eat and these places I felt the need to return and stay/visit again, then many years later when I started to research I found ancestors were born or once lived there........ I do know that families repeat scripts, eg numbers of children they have, ages they marry, the type of jobs they do which suggests 'inheritance'

No, I don't............

• Cogito

I think it's possible.  I had never been to my mother's birthplace in Wales, but when we drove there many years ago, I knew my way around, knew where certain people had lived and where the house was.  No-one had ever told me those things.  

I am also able to understand and speak some Welsh, even though I've never learned it or lived in Wales.