Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthGeneral Health CareInjuries · 5 months ago

Large swelling bruise?

I need to know how to stop this from turning into a black eye really badly. If you don't see it my left eye is swollen a lot, nearly closing up. The red dot is where I hit it on a corner of desk. It is very fresh, only fifteen minutes back, it is just swelling up by the minute.

Attachment image

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    5 months ago
    Favorite Answer

That must hurt alot, black eyes suck. For it to swell to that extend in a matter of minutes, yes! It's gonna be a black eye! By the looks of it, probably a swollen shut one (those ones are never fun). Keep icing your eye every 15 minutes on and off. If it's already swollen shut, don't prod at it or try to open it, it'll only be pain and a longer healing process. After your 4th day, try to place a heat pack on it, it'll help.

Good luck! You'll be plenty of colors soon i bet!

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

I know I'm too late for the party but I just need to tell you THAT is THE biggest shiner I've ever seen on a human being. 

• Entity
    Lv 6
    5 months ago

OUCH!!

ICE, ICE, ICE. 20 minutes on, 20 minutes off. Put some ice in a zip loc bag, or inside a towel and apply it to the area,  GENTLY!

Damn!  I hope you recover quickly.  it looks painful

• 5 months ago

It already is a black eye, just not at the black stage which is simply blood underthe skin turning colors, Ice may help but its already a shiner.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • jimmy
    Lv 5
    5 months ago

No stopping it, you're gonna have one hell of a shiner. Put some ice on it to help with the swelling.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.