Tucker asked in Social SciencePsychology · 2 months ago

How to make a new personality?

So I’ve recently learned that my personality is trash and I hate everything about it. Ideas for creating a new one?

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

To answer your question. The bible helps us to understand New Force Actuating the Mind: Putting on the new personality involves being made new in the force actuating our minds. (Eph. 4:23) How does one make that force, or mental disposition, new so as to be inclined in the right direction? This is done by regularly and diligently studying God’s Word and meditating on what it means. Then, a new pattern of thinking develops, and the person sees things from the viewpoint of God and Christ. One’s life is transformed as he clothes himself with an array of Christlike qualities, including compassion, kindness, lowliness of mind, mildness, long-suffering, and love.​—Col. 3:10, 12-14. Please feel free to visit jw.org.

• Elianna1 month agoReport

I needed to read this today thank you Kim!❤️

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

Just be yourself. If you are an asshole, that is okay

• amy
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Thats more like "self discover". You have to take time to think about your values and the person you want to be. Once you reach this conclusion you work on your values and towards the person you want to be and dont be too harsh on yourself during the process.

• 1 month ago

Try to write down specifically what you don't like about your personality and try to come up with alternatives. 

Try to see a celebrity whom you think that has the personality that you like to have and try to take their example. 

I hope this helps :)

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Just keep self realizing.  That is the best thing you can do for yourself.  Change will be based on that.  Especially if you have the desire to change.  

• 2 months ago

Well the good news is you can change the aspects you don't like by incorporating more favourable qualities. Practice is they key. Showing genuine concern and appreciation for others is usually well received. However, changing isn't always easy so my advice would be to ask God. Let God be your helper and friend. He loves you immensely John 3.16

• j153e
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

A Warrior's Path;

Understanding Yourself by Mark Prophet;

Man, Master of His Destiny.

• zeno
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Just be yourself and try some new activities

Or hobbies.

• Tasm
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

How do we know our suggestions will be new to you?

• 2 months ago

1. smile more. 

2. be polite

3. do your work first, then worry about being liked. (people like those that get things done)

also i'm not an expert. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.