How come male therapists aren't supportive in their patients decisions when they are specialized in autism?

So my therapist switched me to this male therapist and I'm not happy with this guy. She switched me to him cause I am autistic and said that she can't help me.This guy is a total tool and his name is matt from chapin. I was telling him about this singer who I'm interested in asking out. I was talking to him earlier today and he had a stone cold attitude. He seemed to not care at all. He told me "Why are you focused on a woman that you don't know ?". He claims that I don't know her when I do know her. He then asked me if she has any upcoming shows and i said no. He then said "Well why are you worrying about something that is not gonna happen ?". I am going to get to see her again and I plan on buying her flowers and a teddy bear and giving it to her when I see her to express my feelings and affection towards her. My therapist on the other hand thinks it is creepy, he claims it is inappropriate cause he thinks that I don't know her when I do know her. I've seen her in person before and she's super nice. I just don't get why he thinks that of me. He thinks that I'm a creep and andrew also thinks that of me as well. Matt specializes in autism and so I don't get why he isn't supportive of me when he's supposed to because of his specialities. He seems so unsupportive and hes making me sick. The only person who is supportive of me in asking her out is my best friend who's an structural engineer and I trust his advice. How come he isn't supportive of me ? 

• 6 days ago

He is supporting you by being honest to make sure you don’t get into trouble or hurt. He does understand and he is being honest and real with you. The way you see this singer - you really like her but she is not and will not be your girlfriend. Your therapist knows that and is warning you in advance that your behaviour is not good. Therapists are neutral. They see the situation as it is and they tell you the truth. Your friend tells you what you want to hear but that doesn’t mean he is helping you - he is making it worse by not being honest with you. Your therapist has nothing to lose by telling you the truth but your friend doesn’t want to lose your friendship so he says whatever he can to make you feel better about yourself - even if that means lying to you.

• as a person married to an autistic individual,i can tell you the reason thearipist are "stone hearted" is because  people with autisim are easily riled up and "being riled up" is not good for ones health,so they stay calm in hopes you will emulate them.

as for him assumeing you don't know the individual personally,it is his job to assume that until proof to the contrairy is given due to delusions of grangour being a part of another type of mental illness.

finally he is asking why focus on it because people with autisim again are easily worked up and being worked up is unhealthy,more so for people with disbilities.

also as a speicalist he is not supposed to support every thing that you feel and wish again you could have underlying things other then the autisim that have not been diagnosed and he needs to be very careful when encourageing any one to do anything.

Jesus christ, how many questions are you going to post ?

• i now see why you asked this as i had not noticed it is like 3

• Ann

You were not switched to a male therapist because you're autistic. You were changed to him because you have no respect for female therapists, and the clinic probably hoped he could be more successful in reasoning with you. His job is not to be "supportive of you", but to try to help you understand about the realities of life and how your thoughts and behaviors impact what happens to you.  You've admitted to stalking as well as other criminal behaviors, if anyone is to believe you.  You certainly have deeper mental problems than autism, based on your claims and fantasies.  If you ever act in reality about the  imaginary scenarios you set up in your head, know that you will be incarcerated or spend some serious time in a mental institution.

Source(s): licensed psychologist
    • Ann
      1 month agoReport

NHAL:  Obviously your husband is not the only one in your family who has problems.  SimplytheFACTS  is clearly not the one who is not too bright.

Blah, blah, blah.

Whine, whine, whine.

Your therapist is doing his job.   He understands that autistic people have difficulties recognizing normal social interactions and acting in accordance with social norms.   Your posting history is replete with ample evidence that that is certainly true in your case.

He is supposed to help you get past this issue not feed your fantasy that you know this woman.   

But this fantasy about her is just like all your fantasies about yourself as a vigilante, bad azz, terrorist, computer whiz and independent film maker.   None of them are real or will they come to pass.

You don't fool anybody but yourself with this crap.  

Being autistic is not a free pass and being an immature brat and inept troll is not a disability, jacob/peter/david/WETF you want to call yourself today.

NICE TRY KENNETH...notifying them that I know who you are only gives CREDIBILITY to the reports...if they thought I was pranking you, they would be charging me with filing a false police report....and all they have to do is follow this site....and see you really are making threats...you give enough clues to prove you are the one posting...and they will be able to tell the posts are not coming from me.

columbia won't do anything about threats, any where else they will....I have called in a suicide threat before from YA, and they did respond....but that was florida

AND THE THREATS STARTED LONG BEFORE YOU WERE OUTED....which explains how you were outed in the 1st place...years of threats with details...

• what are you getting on about simplythe facts do you think every disabled person that asks a question is this "kennith guy" that supposedly has many accounts and thus could also be you, i mean you thought my husband was him so your not that bright

• 1) You don't know this woman on a personal level; nothing you describe is consistent with having a relationship. And more importantly, SHE DOES NOT KNOW YOU. You admit you've never met her in person.

2) Buying flowers and a teddy bear for someone you don't know is creepy. Period. I understand that social cues may not be something you understand, but this is not going to help you. "You" may think you're being sweet, and in your mind, perhaps you only have good intentions. But I promise you that she's not going to see it that way. She's going to think you're a stalker.

3)

• that says i love you and always have and want to be near you always will you marry me,to most people even my autistic husband this is a scary thing to expiriance,its not romantic like you may think

You got switched to a male therapist because it sounds like you develop  obsessions. One might start with a female therapist. That would be detrimental to you.

Your new therapist is cold because he wants you to work hard to earn care from him. He's also a therapist, not a friend. Its not healthy to get too close to a therapist.

You have male issues that you need to work on with a male.

It doesn't sound like you know this girl in a way where you should be so consumed. This is unhealthy.