Do you feel like something is missing from a lot of Baptist Churches?

When I listen to musicians from a certain cultural background

I just feel nothing

It's like their music is man made rules and not divinely inspired

• Linda
    Favorite Answer

Yes. I was brought up in the Baptist church and most of those churches seem dead to me and I feel nothing from the music that was written back in the 19th century. 

• Nous

Why do you even pretend to be Christian or even know anything about Music?  You sadly are spiritually dead and doing Satans work!!!!  Did you ever believe in the loving God and support Christianity or have you always worked for Satan?!!!!!!

Just like all Churches they refuse to obey Mat. 5:48 GT .

Their music reaches God's ears, and God is tired of listening. Prayer sounds of those meditating.....Ahhhhmmmmm. That gets tiresome after a few eons.

There are so many different Baptist churches out there, as it is not one denomination but composed of a number of them: Southern Baptists, Independent Baptists, Free-will Baptists, Seventh-Day Baptists....and that list goes on.

For example, the Primitive Baptists (as well as the church of Christ denomination) believe in acapella only, meaning no singing accompanied with instruments -- even though the Bible says to not call unclean, what God has called clean -- in other words, do not prohibit what God has ordained as being good. The Bible says to play on all the musical instruments, to sing to Him a new song (not just old American hymns), and to dance, to sing accompanied with instruments. No prohibition was ever made, because God is not fickle. What He declared to be good, still is, because morality and righteousness is a firm and sure foundation.

I went to a Black Missionary Baptist church, and they absolutely have very talented musicians and singers. Some Baptist churches play contemporary Christian music, while others are not for it. It just all depends on the pastor, the denomination.... Truly, I don't mind listening to gospel music in Spanish, Chinese, Hebrew, or in different genres. The praise of God is good and pleasant to Him in every language, and their no language where their voice is not heard of Him. We may lack understanding, but no language is confusing to God... what matters is the heart. We can play great music, but God wants us to have understanding and He wants our hearts to be in it. It's not really worship music, if our hearts are not in it. The lyrics should align with sound doctrine also.

Is that your purpose for attending church?

Divine inspiration evaporated 2000 years ago..

The Baptist churches I've attended have great, uplifting  music.  I love the old fashioned gospel songs and hymns. 

All churches are lacking something, in my opinion.