can you wash your hands with DAWN dish soap?

• Barry
    Favorite Answer

Yes but it's not wise to do it routinely as it will remove the protective grease layer from your skin. This is likely to lead to dermatitis. That you don't want.

I use it plus with my hands in the dish water every day . I have not developed any issues . 

I also wash my dog with it . About once a month 

Of course. You can wash your hands with ANY soap. Dish soap is simply soap that is in liquid form. 

I do it all the time, for years.  I don't have dermatitis or any other skin conditions.  Feel free.

Yes, you can. It's not dangerous, after all you put your hands in the suds when washing dishes don't you?

However, as already said, it's not wise to do so regularly. It is designed to remove grease so it can remove the natural oils from your skin and cause no end of problems, especially for those with delicate skin.  If you do, I suggest you use a moisturiser.

• audrey

Well, gee. You put your hands in dishwater with Dawn to wash dishes, so yeah!

I do it all the time. Most mechanics keep a bottle laying around to wash the grease and oil off.

You can, but it is not a good idea to do it regularly as it can be harsh on sensitive skin, making it dry and flaky.

Yes but constantly doing it can strip your hands of moisture and make them too dry.