Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentImmigration · 2 months ago

How important is date on b2 visa passport? ?

I have foreign passport I’m currently in USA it’s stamped admitted until June 22 2020? Is this date important ? I thought I had 5 years on my visa

I know I have 6 months this time but I’m wondering because airports are closed is this date still valid

No! That date is crucial! IF you hold a multiple-entry visa valid for 5 or 10 years, you are NOT permitted to remain in US for 5 or 10 years. You may visit US again in the future without obtaining another new tourist visa, but for any entry to US, there is NO way you can remain in US more than 180 days (if you are allowed that long upon entry). You are absolutely limited to a maximum of 180 days total in the US out of any 365-day period. Hence the "be out at least as long as you were in" mantra so that you do not exceed the 180-day max. 

You must depart the US no later than 22 June or your visa will be revoked & you will NOT be able to obtain any visa in the future. Do not violate your visa in any way or lose it permanently.

• Lisa A

It is critically important that you leave the US by  June 22 2020. Otherwise, you will never be allowed to return. Your visa is good for 5 years. You can use it over and over again for 5 years. YOU do not need to apply for a new visa for 5 years. You are still limited to 180 days visiting the US per any 1 year period. You can't use a tourist to live in the US.

Your multiple entry B1/B2 visa will expire in five years.  Each visit is limited to the time you were given at entry which usually matches your return flight date.  Most US airports are not closed but those of your home country (which you forgot to give us) may be.  Contact your airline to see if your flight will be running.   If that is unlikely, you can apply on line for an extension to your visa but this must be done before it runs out.