Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 2 months ago

If you use hair thickening shampoo then stop, does your hair go back to more thinner than before you used it?

Similar to how everything else seems to work?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • A
    Lv 7
    2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Nothing makes your hair permanently thicker, these shampoos have ingredients that swell the shaft, they don't grow more hair

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

If you're talking about a shampoo with biotin, yes, your hair will go back to being thinner once you discontinue use. 

• 2 months ago

I learned in a college course awhile back that a lot of items such as shampoos, face creams, lotions, etc are just topicals (meaning put into something so unless they’re injected you’re just lathering up your skin or hair and it is not entering deep enough into you to make a difference . 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I never found a shampoo or conditioner labeled "thickening" that did a darn thing.

btw:  ever see an ad for the laser combs or caps that make you think they grow new hair????  They even claim to have government approval.  Read the instructions:  all they do is heat your hairs so they swell - that's their definition of "thickening" your hair.  Total rip-off - and expensive.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • kelvin
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

it does a good job at making you broke

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

lowkey honesty here.... shampoo's cannot thicken your hair. shampoos only clean your hair. it makes no sense that a shampoo can thicken hair. nothing will make your hair thicker or thinner. it is what comes out of your scalp and if your hair is thin or thick, that's what it is. the shampoo does not go inside of your scalp and change your whole hair strand pattern from thin to thick

• Restless Spirit
      Lv 6
      2 months agoReport

With much do respect, yes they do. I use Pantene. My hair is 3X thicker honey.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.