Mario asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 2 months ago

Why do some people think George Floyd was killed cause of his skin colour?

I'm sorry, I didn't want to do obvious question, I'm European and I don't know so much about US racism, I don't want to offend anyone

Favorite Answer

For one thing, it seems to be relatively common that unarmed black men are killed in racially- charged incidents. This is not the first video of a black man saying "I can't breathe" due to the police having him in a choking situation and ending up dead. Do a web search on "unarmed black man shot by police." You'll get lots of hits. There's even one of a man who was a psychological counselor who was trying to help a patient. He was lying on the ground, on his back, hands up in the air. The cops still shot him. Fortunately, in that case he didn't die.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRMYVFmEmx8

Youtube thumbnail

• gloria z1 month agoReport

Not true..2018 995 people killed by police, 403 were white, 210 black, balance listed as other. Another fact, 93% of black homicide is murdered by other blacks. If black lives matter, then blacks need to address why they are killing each other. 

Because some people's knee-jerk reaction to any incident between people of differing skin colors is to yell 'racism'. Sometimes it is, sometimes it's not. In cases where one or more parties involved is known to have issues (dislike/distrust) with people of a certain skin color, it's likely true (that skin color was a factor or the only factor).

• gloria z1 month agoReport

Dittos. I do not think this had anything to do with race. It is a bad cop, period.  93% of black murders are committed by other blacks. This whole Black Lives Matter is a plan by the left and the young whites are too dumb to actually study what is truly happening.

• JuanB

Because he was.

• Mario2 months agoReport

Yes, but just because a black man got killed, doesn't mean that he get killed cause of his skin colour

color played no part

trigger happy police had not discharged a firearm, beaten nor killed a civilian for months and were suffering from withdrawal symptoms, they have a need to satisfy, to kill

No, it was because of the content of his character. -MLK

The world saw he was murdered like Iraq it's to do with democracy and with you animals there but for the grace of God go all of us if you have a mind to that's the point 

If Floyd had been white, no one would ever have heard of the incident.

• Elaine

If Floyd had been white this would not have happened.  Take a second look at the video.  What does it tell you  that the police officer kneeling on Floyd's neck had his hand in his (police)  pocket the entire time?  That speaks volumes about the police view and attitude  of African Americans

• wombatfreaks

" What does it tell you that the police officer kneeling on Floyd's neck had his hand in his (police) pocket the entire time? That speaks volumes" 

OK, I'll bite, what do you think that indicates? 

I don't think killing him was the intent, but his skin color almost certainly put him in the position he was in, where he ended up dying due to abuse. 

• gloria z1 month agoReport

His skin color had nothing to do with it. He was under the influence of drugs, a career criminal including armed robbery putting a gun to a pregnant womans stomach. I guess that is okay.
      The cop is a bad cop. Simple. I certainly would not elevate this career criminal to sainthood.

Because they are always eager to play the race card.

A violent criminal resisting arrest, that gets ignored because of his race.

• wombatfreaks

I mean , the guy WAS accused of trying to pass a bad check. If he was guilty of that, there is no telling what other crimes he probably might have been  guilty of, even though he hadn't actually been accused of any other crime doesn't mean he may not have committed  some. 

Because a disproportionate number of black men die during altercations with the police.

• gloria z1 month agoReport

Not True....In 2018, 995 people were killed by police, 403 were white, 210 black, 148 hispanic, the balance listed as other. Also 93% of black homicides are committed by blacks. So blacks killing blacks. Why doesn't Black Live group think any of those blacks matter?