Has protocol changed for someone that presents with a mild concussion? I thought someone was supposed to wake the patient to wake them?

I had a fender bender, then later that day, i had to be transported via ambulance for concussion and mild dehydration. My mom and brother came to the hospital after the staff did all they  needed to,and was told I had a very mild concussion,and was good to go home.I asked the discharging nurse if I needed someone to  wake me every few hours over night,and she said 'no,you're good...that protocol has become a 'case by case' thing. 

Bob is right. The fact that they sent you home means you were in no danger. Used to be that severely concussed patients would get a neuro check every hour or so, to ensure there was no brain bleed or sudden swelling. But CAT scans & MRIs have almost elimated the need for that.

Yes.  That idea of waking people went out the window years ago.  It turns out that sleep is usually the best thing you can do.  Paeople with more severe concussions may be kept in a hospital for observation and in those cases, they may be woken up to monitor symptoms.  If a patient is sent home, they do not need to be woken up