Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsOther - Family & Relationships · 5 months ago

Was it partially my fault he cheated because I was his only girlfriend?

He was a 28 year-old virgin at the time. I didn't know it till days before we had sex. He admitted it. I was then 26 and didn't mind too much. It's been nearly 5 years now but sometimes I think about it. I wonder if it I had some blame.

Our relationship lasted for 15 until he started cheated. He cheated with 3 women and I dumped him. However, was it my fault for being involved with an older virgin... the oldest one for me? He never got to really experience and maybe a relationship might have been overwhelming to him or he probably didn't know how to handle it.

The latest I heard is he's a mess and has been in short, unstable relationships.

• Alan H

Not your fault at all.  You are better off without him

Of course it's not your fault. If he wanted to have sex with other people, he could have said that to you - could have suggested an open relationship, or a casual relationship, or (if you didn't agree to that) ended the relationship. Instead, he cheated, which he knew would hurt you, knew would probably end the relationship. It's not your fault he is cowardly, and went behind your back rather than talking or ending things.

• Mike

I have no idea how or why you'd come to that conclusion.