What type of cylinder-looking thing is this (it on a monster truck exhaust system)?

I am just curious what is the type of cylinder-lookin thing this is on a monster truck exhaust (is it a mini muffler/silencer?

and, see what the arrow is pointing at on the exhaust pipe in the photo).

Attachment image

1 Answer

  • 2 months ago

    That's similar to a muffler It's more for sound . Since the open header engines are ridiculously loud . It's more for sound mitigation I believe . I could be wrong it may very well be a "muffler " so yes your  correct it's mainly for sound Don't think this engine needs any back pressure to operate properly .it's exactly what you thought it was 

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.