Why is oil spitting out from under my valve cover gasket onto my manifold? All gaskets and O rings for coils have been replaced. 05 Civic.?

Replace the PCV valve. If it's bad the block gets a build up of pressure and it will leak out of the valve covers even if you replace them. I've already had a VC gasket slip out of place on me. Did you check them again?

• Sarah H4 weeks agoReport

It posted too soon and also I was told I have a lifter tick. Is there anyway to fix the lifter tick without replacing the engine? I have heard you can add thicker oil to quiet the noise to prolong the engine and I have "fix a thred" which hopefully can fix the stripped bolts.

• ?

I've repaired that problem on some Saturn cars, DOHC engine.  The valve cover is made of plastic and had warped.

• james

To much crank case pressure.  Check the PCV valve. If all was done right o gaskets. 

Check valve cover gasket installation.  Replace the PCV valve and the PCV valve vacuum line.

The valve cover  needs to be tight so it doesn't leak. Diagnose crankcase pressure, checking the PCV valve. Compression test each cylinder for possible blowby overpressurizing the crankcase.

• Bill

Make sure your PCV (positive crankcase ventilation) valve is operating and not clogged up.  This assumes the valve cover gasket is okay. 

If you really firmly believe that the valve cover gasket was installed properly and isn't failing then check the oil. It could be possibly that it is overfilled. Which if it is, would explain why its leaking. It would have to go somewhere. Of course if it is over filled you want to pay close attention to the color of the oil on the dipstick. You may have bigger problems if the oil is overfilled due to coolant being leaked into the oil.Just check the oil with the dipstick under the hood first. It should be white or yellow. Remove the stick, wipe it off noting the marks on the stick, it should have two marks with a crosshatch pattern between them. That is where the oil should be, it up to the mark closest to your hand holding thedipstick. You want to reinsert the dipstick after removing and wiping it off. When you reinsert it, pull the dipstick out again and look at where the oil level is on the stick. If the oil level is you know an inch or two above that top mark on the dipstick closest to your hand holding the handle of the dipstick it is definitely overfilled.

But yes, you can only drain the oil from the plug in the drain plan if it has too much in it. Better to let a shop do that if it needs to be drained some.

• The Devil
      1 month agoReport

If the overfill is 1 quart or less, you might remove and empty the oil filter a few times, running the car each time you put the filter back on to refill it. Measure how much you pour out. Oil will be hot, so careful....wear gloves.

• Dan

The valve cover gasket wasn't installed properly.

Because there is still a leak. Based on your post all we can assume is bad parts or poor installation.

Did you tweak the cover accidentally when you replaced the gasket? Sounds like there's a ding in the edge that might be too big for the gasket to fill.