Anonymous

Are UFOs real or just hoaxes ?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Jon
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

The U in UFO stands for 'unidentified'. As long as they remain unidentified then by definition no-one knows what they were. E.g an anomalous radar return which suddenly appears and disappears might have been a very fast flying machine which shot in and out of range, or might have been the wind blowing a stray scrap of kitchen tinfoil just in front of the radar, creating the radar equivalent of a sailor looking through a telescope and mistaking a speck of dirt on the lens for a distant object. In the vast majority of such cases, no-one will ever know for certain what they were. However there is no reason to assume they are likely to be anything exotic. 

• ...Show all comments
    • Jon
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

In WW2 the ROC found untrained observers very unreliable at estimating distances,  altitudes, speeds, etc, of aircraft. AA gun crews took months of practice to interpret the flights of know aircraft, unknown types were another matter. I place little faith in amateur visual observations of UFO's.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

They are very real, both UFOs and alien craft. I have seen them on around 12 occasions. It is easy to spot an alien craft from a ufo. I have seen UFOs also. They are often turning slightly as they fly past but they travel in straight lines and at speeds that you may expect. They often have reflective surfaces on them and are possibly just manmade space junk. Others travel at speeds unimaginable for earth craft and can stop dead and travel from 0 to several thousand mph without acceleration. they also turn on a forty five degrees angle without slowing. If you are in a place that is not suffering light pollution, spend a little time looking up. These things are not rare.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Robert
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Well they are real in the sense that there are things in the sky that we don't have complete knowledge of.  False in that they are space craft or anything that bends physical reality.  Some may be experiment aircraft, and others may be natural events.  None are rocket men.  

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.