Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 2 months ago

Should i keep my baby or have an abortion?

My boyfriend and I of 8 years just found out I am 5 weeks pregnant. When I told him he assured me everything would be okay but we aren’t ready for a baby right now. He works so much and is hardly ever home and said he wants to be able to raise his child. He said he would want to try again when the timing is right. I am 23 and he is 25 an he has a stable job but I am a college graduate still looking for a career. We made an appointment to terminate but I’m having second thoughts. Both of our families would be happy but we aren’t in a stable place right now. Any advice?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Keep him, please.  Children are literally such a blessing.  Yes, I am religious and don't believe in abortion.  However, I have two children and they were both born at really inconvenient times, but they were so worth the small struggle.  Being a parent is the most amazing feeling.

If you could at least give birth to him/her, there are plenty of wonderful families who cannot conceive, and would love to adopt a child.  Hang in there, girl.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • LizB
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I think this is a decision you can only make for yourself. Other people's opinions don't matter. They're not you, nor are they living your life. 

• 2 months ago

Well, first off, don't base you private life on making other people happy - i.e. your family in this case.  It's YOUR life, make your own decisions.

You and your guy have to decide what to do from here.  

• lala
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

You again ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

When you say, "keep my baby" are you making the assumption that the life is yours to do as you please?  Some would argue against that.  Some would say it's just a bunch of cells as we all are.  Life has little to no meaning with the latter.  If the life within you has little meaning, why not let the creature go to term and give it away?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.