Pc freeze?

I bought a new pc about 3-4 months ago and when i run a game it performs really well but sometimes my pc freezes even if im not doing anything. For example i am watching youtube or playing csgo. The app starts to not respond and i can't click on it than after a while my entire pc freezes. Anyone knows what I can do?

Pc stats:

8Gb ram

Core i5 2500k

Nvidia quadro k620

500Gb hdd

PLS HELP ME

This happens around 3-6 times a day and I have to restart my pc.

Also i use razer cortex and advanced system care who have an option to boost your pc performance should i delete them??

• Lex

Sometimes PC's freeze on games. I have a beast of a PC and it still freezes once in awhile. It's not that you did anything wrong, it's just that maybe a background program conflicted with another program or something.

But with that said, you shouldn't see frequent freezing. I don't see why you can't be running at least Youtube videos. 

The first few things I have are obvious steps. So you've already done them, go ahead and disregard.

1. Run a virus scanner. Malware could be to blame. You are especially vulnerable to malware if you download a lot of mods and open source software. Make sure to download only from reputable modding sites or the official open source site.

2. Check and make sure you don't have too many programs open. If you left your internet browser open while playing a game, you might get some freezing.

3. Turn off cloud severs like Dropbox or OneDrive. Sometimes when these systems are trying to sync, they can use a lot of your computer function, particularly when there's a lot of files.

Some are not so obvious:

1. Check if you have the latest version of your OS system (usually windows.) It could be that it's trying to update in the background, but it's having a little trouble. For windows type in updates in the search. Then click on the "Check for Updates" option. If there's an update, go ahead and install it.

2. Update drivers. Sometimes it's just your hardware drivers out of date. Check if your graphics card has the latest drivers on it.

3. There could also be components missing from your windows. While clean installs are nice, they're also time consuming. Consider possibly reaching out to windows support and see if they can help with something. Just tell them to buzz off when they recommend a full install out the gate. That should be your last resort. They should be suggesting other things first.

This new "pc" has warranty coverage from the maker, whoever that is.  Try contacting the customer service to get the help you already paid for.