Is Minneapolis a place people go to visit, or nice to live?

Many of us are hearing about the city because of the police custody death of that guy, and the following riots and protests. But for those who live or know the city, is it a city people go out of their way to visit even from across the country or even an hour or so away? Do people like it? Is it nice to move to?

I’m from an area close to San Francisco so its definitely an attraction to tourists and visitors but what about Minneapolis? I’ve always wanted to go to somewhere different within the country, and I’ve heard Minnesota is one of the best places to raise children, but I don’t have kids so that doesn’t mean as much.

Would it be a nice to place to move if I had a job there? Is it cool for mid to late 20s people like me? 

I only know of one attraction in Minnesota and that’s some mega mall but I’m not that into malls enough to go so far to one. 

Also it’s cold af there so it may be hard for those who aren’t used to it. 

• Kent L

I've visited Minnesota several times in years past and have always found that Minnesotans are the salt of the earth-types but I also am offended that you refer to George Floyd as "that guy" because you are trivializing his life and death, and minimalize its meaning. 

• Foofa

Minnesota is considered a fairly fun place with nightlife and a cultural scene. It's the winters there that would bother most California transplants. If you think the SFO climate is chilly you've never spent a January day in the upper midwest. Brrrrrrrrr.

I've visited Minneapolis and St Paul several times over the years.  This recent event is not indicative of the city.  This can happen in any city.  Happens in San Francisco all the time.  But the weather is not the best in the winter. *** Not really.  You'll get used to the cold.  That's what jackets are for.