Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 2 months ago

Fact or myth: Native Americans came from Asia ?

Via the bering strait. If they did where is the actual proof

43 Answers

Relevance
  • JuanB
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Just as true as all humans originated in Africa.  And then went to Europe.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

Fact. The genome has been well recorded, and apparently they came in waves, and much much earlier than we ever thought. 

• they also came from indonesia by boat (mostly south American)

• L
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

They originally came from somewhere in Europe.  They crossed, over into America, at the Bearing Sea.  Then a lot of them settled in Alaska, Canada and finally into America.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • John
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

There's a fascinating TV show that I forget the name of, based on real research that is out there somewhere, and no doubt there is more than one book. Analyzing DNA and there is one particular marker.

And they found that Homo Sapiens ALL came from Africa and went north. They went east before they went very far north because of the cold. Through Asia and then as the Earth warmed up a bit they went north. North to Northern Europe and north to Northeastern Asia. They crossed the Bering Strait to what is now Alaska, south to North America and then south to South America.

This has all been traced painstakingly by science. This story is known, now.

• Free Advice
      Lv 6
      1 month agoReport

it's IN THE BLOOD AND IT is a family affair.

• 1 month ago

It is interesting to explore the origin of native americans. I really admire the anthropology related questions. You are amazing. You have asked the perfect question as the racial discrimination is increasing worldwide.

• Jas B
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

DNA research has confirmed what was believed before was that that the indigenous peoples of the Americas are descended from a group of people who crossed a land connection between Asia and North America sometime during the Last Glacial Maximum (26,500 to 19,000 years before present, or YBP). 

Other research has shown these people moved down through the whole of the American continent.   Other research has shown some Native Americans in South America share ancestry with native peoples in Australia and Melanesia.

There is the research from many sources which confirm this if you look for it.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

To me all I have to really do is look at their skin tone, the shape of their faces and their facial features which look Mongolian. So I believe the theory that they came over that land bridge that used to cross what is now the Bering strait and were from the area of Mongolia originally

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

The following is the result of a dna study of the Americas in 2018. It indicates the path to the Americas was across the Behring Strait.

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2018/11/ancient-dn... ... But, who really knows? Someday some remains may be found that trace something f/ some other direction. No one knows the unknown. We're only akin to what has been discovered.

• 2 months ago

Look at a Native American. Look at a Chinese person. See the slick, straight black hair? See the shape of the eyes? See the high foreheads? 

See the bronze color of their skin? There has to be a family resemblance. As far as facts, there has been tons of research, and by now, I am sure DNA has been done to show that American Indians and Chinese or Asians are closely related. 

Even 40 years ago, there was research done to show how they might have migrated from China over the Bering Strait in Alaska to filter down over thousands of years to the rest of the Americas. They have shown how there was a land-bridge there, which no longer exists.

I think it is fascinating. I doubt that the exodus was from the Americas to China. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.