Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsWrestling · 1 month ago

Why can’t AEW hire former WWE talent but WWE can hire talent from other companies?

For some reason AEW can’t hire former WWE talent without being called the next WCW or TNA. 

Yet fans don’t bat an eye whenever WWE signs talent from other companies. No one complained whenever WWE signed AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, or Bobby Rude. All of which made their name in TNA. No one batted an eye whenever WWE signed Steve Austin, Mick Foley, Chris Jericho, Booker T, Goldberg, Chris Benoit, Eddie Guerrero, or Ric Flair. Even though they all wrestled for WCW before coming to WWF.

So why does WWE get a pass when they hire talent from other companies?

Update:

Give me one example of AEW pushing someone just because they worked for WWE. 

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

could it be the difference in the contracts 

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Wow, Creakey is doing his pro WWE bit again, the yes man.

WWE likes to re write history, that these wrestlers just suddenly appeared in WWE, they do not acknowledge other wrestling promotions they are not in a deal with.

I think this is a bit dishonest of them but WWE will re write anything it deems fit.

The more indie promotions and AEW acknowledge and accept that wrestlers do move about from company to company.

• 1 month ago

I think it's because WWE doesn't push them to the moon solely for being from another promotion whereas that is all AEW and TNA does/did.

"Give me one example of AEW pushing someone just because they worked for WWE."

Dean Ambrose, Jack Swagger, Tye Dillinger, Luke Harper, practically any WWE alumni that signs with AEW.

• Candle
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

WWE does get flack from indie heads for signing indie talents constantly.  Likewise TNA got crap for years for signing WWE castoffs and then pushing them over established talent.  It's not one-sided.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.