Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCareers & EmploymentHealth Care · 1 month ago

Should I be ashamed of my job?

I’m 24 and an RN. I graduated with a 4.0 and a bachelor’s from the best university in my state. When I first graduated I worked in an ICU and wanted to be a CRNA. I absolutely hated the ICU and soon quit to work at an allergy and asthma clinic. It’s not a very hard or intellectually challenging job, and I feel kind of embarrassed by that? It’s a stable job with good hours and even higher pay than I was making in the ICU, but I just feel as though I’m not using my full potential. I hate the hospital and never want to go back, but I’m just looking for advice on any better type of positions. 

• :)

You could work for the government, work for insurance, go back to school to get a masters, be a school nurse, etc. the possibilities are endless.

• Judy

no, there's nothing wrong with what you're doing

i dont think so, maybe you should apply for something else while you keep this job