Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsBaseball · 1 month ago

MLB: Would you have loved to see Roberto Alomar return to the Toronto Blue Jays for the 2001 season?

Rumor has it that the Cleveland Indians were supposed to trade Alomar (along with Dave Burba) back to the Toronto Blue Jays in exchange for David Wells and Raul Mondesi prior to the 2001 season.

For Alomar, 2001 would've marked the first season since 1995 that he suited up for the Toronto Blue Jays before he originally left Toronto as a free agent to go play for the Baltimore Orioles in 1996.

While Toronto had Homer Bush as their starting second baseman, Bush was limited by hip injuries in 2000 to where Craig Grebeck and Mickey Morandini were emergency fill-ins to hold down the fort at 2B.

But because Grebeck and Morandini were too inferior to be long-term answers at 2B, Roberto Alomar would've been a huge upgrade over both Grebeck and Morandini, and take over as Toronto's starting 2B for the first time since 1995.

How would Roberto Alomar have fared in Toronto for the 2001 season?

No, I wouldn't have loved to see that.  Why would I have loved to see it?  

I have no idea how he would have done, probably similarly to how he did elsewhere.