Why do people criticise me for being gay and not supporting gay marriage?

Every time someone finds out I don’t support gay marriage, they get angry at me. Just because I’m gay, doesn’t necessarily mean I think that laws should be changed to suit gay people. I think things were fine the way they were before. Is that so wrong?

For the same reason they think is weird for a man to oppose premarital sex and pornography.. 

I applaud you for your morals..

for the same reason the critisize men for going mgtow

lack of ability to control you

Usually i’m like you are entitled to your opinion but don’t force it on others.just wondering why you would be against something that would be good for your life? I don’t get it.. but ok 

• fdf1 month agoReport

Good for his life? do you realize that gay men have high rates of std whereas lesbians have high rates of domestic violence? what you say it's like saying that men "benefit" by having premarital sex or having access to pornography. We aren't animals... we have the ability to reason.

It is actually marriage equality. It gives equality rights to people who have traditionally been denied them in the realm of marriage.  You are apparently opposed to equal rights for members of the LGBTQ+. community. If you are opposed to marriage in general, well then that's equality. Otherwise you are supporting an inequality that could very well be expanded to include you in other ways.  You have a right to your opinion, but it depends on how it is expressed.

It isn't wrong not to support gay marriage because many see it as heteronormative and inappropriate for gay relationships, and in any case the issue of marriage itself is questionable because it's based on the idea of men enslaving women.  I suppose it depends why you're against it.

You have it backwards. "Before," there were no laws against same-sex marriage. The laws were recently (1960-70s) changed to make it illegal, to discriminate against gay couples. Those were the laws that were struck down by the Supreme Court.

• Many gays are very easily triggered by anyone who doesn't agree with them I'm bi and I don't support gay marriage either.

That’s like being a women who wants to repeal women’s suffrage but then doesn’t want other women angry at her. You have an unpopular opinion. Having marriage equality saves lives and provides economic stability for lgbt headed families. Yet you disagree with it. 

Fine. I served in the military so that you could express your opinion. But I oppose your opinion with every fiber of my being and I would treat you in person just like I would a tax collector or shifty attorney out for a quick buck at my expense. Despite being lgbt you want something that if enacted would lower our quality of life. Don’t play your pity party tunes around me. 

Edit: I don’t buy it. Marriage equality provides insurance protection, right of survivorship and a whole host of other rights that would cost over 20k if you had an attorney do them all one by one. After the world trade center was bombed - all those people that were in long term relationships but not married had to go through all sorts of hoops to get survival benefits for the families left behind. So don’t tell me marriage is just a piece of paper used to enslave women. It serves a darn good purpose! It protects families! Go make your own life hard by not marrying if you want! But imposing your view point on others would be a huge sin. There are darn good reasons to keep marriage equality and I am going to back it every time. 

• 1 month agoReport

Marriage isn't like that (most of the time) anymore nineteenthly. Let people be happy.

cause they dont agree with what youre saying

But the law is already that gay marriage is legal so it would be changing laws to be against it.