Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceStudying Abroad · 2 months ago

Should I move to Spain?

I’m 16 years old and I lived in Spain from the time I was 11-15 then I moved back to America where I am from. I really miss Spain everyday and the people there. One of my friends families there has inviting me to come live with them there. I really want to go back but at the same time Idk how I feel about living with another family for the next two years of high school  and missing my own family. Any advice...

It depends on what you are going to achieve there. if it is worthwhile, you can go. sure, the feeling of missing your family is quite normal but you are going to stay in spain forever. The choice is all yours

Forget it. You are a minor child & not going anywhere without mommy & daddy, and proper visas for the lot of you. IF you want to go to university in Spain after you graduate from high school, the time to start getting your act together so you qualify to apply for admission to university is NOW (in fact, probably before now). If accepted, you must prove you & your parents have sufficient funds for all school + living expenses + return transportation to your country of citizenship to apply for student visa.

• drip

First you need to see if you can get a Visa to stay on Spain for two years without your parents. I doubt it.  Then you need to see if you can attend school without a legal guardian. I doubt it. 

Go next spend next summer with them. Or winter break.   Finish school here.  

Check whether this is even an option - generally you can't attend school in another country unless you and your family are resident there. 

You may find your only option to study in Spain is at a private boarding school.

No.ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ