How to get me to call me by my new name ?

I am 30 years old and soon after this coronavirus is over. I plan on changing my name from Travis to Marquise. but the thing too many people already know me as. Travis like my friends and family and most of them is still gonna be calling me. Travis how could I get to call me by my new name ?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

Be upfront and don't be apologetic; say clearly, "I am changing my name, Travis does not exist anymore. My name is Marquise." 

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Marquise? Seriously? They're doing you a favor. They're saving you from other people making fun of you behind your back. If you want people to call you by a different name make sure it's not laughable. 

• 1 month ago

At home write your name Marquise and leave it on your room door, fridge, windows and washing machine so everybody in the family gets the point. Reminder reminder...

With friends send a courtesy email or text message to keep them informed and request to update their contact in their address book.

When you meet them readily introduce yourself. It may take time but you will get there.

• 1 month ago

Ask them. Some will and others won't. The change will be more effective with people who don't already know you.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Why not change it now ? I did my hearing through the computer. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

good question.............

• 1 month ago

You'll have to correct everyone for a while until they learn it. Or you could wear a name tag that says "Hello, my name is Marquise."  You'll still have to correct everyone. 

• Holly
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

You really can’t, it will just happen over time. They need to adapt to it 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Wear a name badge.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.