Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingTrying to Conceive · 1 month ago

TTC but heart set on boy?

My partner and I have been TTC for a few months now. Since I was a teenager, I've had such a strong gut feeling that I'd have boys someday. 

Now that I'm actively TTC I'm really hoping for a boy (my generation of the family is all girls, there are 16 granddaughters and no grandsons on either side of my family). I'd love to give my family a boy to love, but I'm at the point where I'm almost obsessing over it. 

I am a little scared that if I do have a child and it's a girl, I might feel a little annoyed. Realistically I know I'd love my child regardless of gender, but how do I stop obsessing over wanting a boy so badly? I've got boy names picked out and no girls names and I'd like to get out of this having a boy mindset before I fall pregnant. 

I know I may not be making a whole lot of sense, but I feel bad thinking about how I might react if I were expecting a girl someday. 

My friend wanted a boy and she had 5 girls before having a son and then 3 more girls and those girls grew up to have 3-4 boys each and the son had 2 girls so there is no guarantee on what you will have