Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 1 month ago

Ever since I confronted my military recruiter about calling my husband an “ illegal “ he hasn’t texted me back all day what should I do?

So I’m trying to get into the military and my recruiter who’ve I been speaking to for a couple weeks now kept grilling me about my husbands status and referred to him an as an “ illegal.” I find that term very offensive so I texted him about it and he never responded it’s been hours and no response....He is Latino and calling other Latinos “ illegal.” I just am wondering why he won’t respond I was polite and told him and that I didn’t appreciate the fact that he referred to my husband as that term now he won’t text back....If you’re ignorant and think calling an immigrant  “ illegal “ is okay please don’t answer my question...I don’t need more ignorance.

..............................

Is your husband in this country LEGALLY?  If not then he is an "illegal" or a criminal migrant, if you prefer that term.  I am sure the recruiter is in this country legally.

So you confronted the recruiter about something that only happened in your mind, and they are no longer interested in recruiting you.

Try IMPERSONATING someone with the maturity of a young teen.

This has NOTHING to do with the husband I doubt you have. It has EVERYTHING to do with you confessing to be a SPOILED BRAT that wouldn't last in basic training long enough to actually meet your drill instructors.

• L

If you can't handle the truth - you'll never be able to handle the military.  In Boot Camp - everyone is picked on and all of that is part of making you a better person.  The military digs into everyone's present and past.

It is not a good idea to confront your recruiter.

Illegals are not allowed to enlist in the military.

• Mrsjvb

Well, is he?  As in does he have to correct documentation to prove he is in this country legally?  Student visa?   Green card?  Work visa?  If he does not , then guess what.. he IS illegal and that is a problem to the military.  As in it can prevent you from enlisting altogether.  It definitely means many jobs are closed to you.  It also means he may be barred from receiving base access or an ID which gives him benefits like Tricare.  

Okay......first question that needs to be answered here is simple.....

IS HE  an illegal or not. ?   As his status IS a Legit concern for the recruiter. 

If he's NOT,  and you made that clear,   and he continued to use the term,  that would indeed be racist and unprofessional and grounds to report him. 

If he asked the question ONCE,  that's  a fair question.  He could have worded it better and simply asked if he was a US Citizen,  instead of saying  "illegal". 

But I imagine in Border states,  it's a necessary question. 

You have the right to complain and seek another recruiter. 

• Mrsjvb
      1 month agoReport

A work permit does not confer status as a legal resident.  If he does not have a work visa, then he is an illegal.  

• Ludwig

Depends.  Is your husband an illegal?

• Tasm

If he is here illegally, then he is an illegal. I don't care where he goes, but should be here.