What firearm do you use for home defense?

So I'm just curious to know this. I am not asking what you carry when you go out, I mean what do you like to have near you when you are at your own home. I know some people have guns spread throughout their home. Some people keep just one gun near them and that is it. Me personally, I like to keep my Glock 19 within arms reach at all times and I keep a shotgun with 00 buck in my bedroom closet and I have my Daniel Defense AR style rifle in another closet in my house. So lets hear it!!

Favorite Answer

Glock 19, 5th generation. Also have a hunting rifle.

I have several strategically placed.   My favorite is a Walther P5.   One lever on the left side is the slide release AND the hammer drop.  All safeties are internal,  all you have to do is pull the trigger.     I have small night lights around the house.  If I hear a noise I guard the bedroom door,  call 911 and wait for the intruder to be backlit by the night lights.  I can see him,  he can not see me.   

• Edward

None, I am not a redneck.

• C T M
      1 month agoReport

You're a coward c0cksucker though

my AR15. ive got the right ammo for my application. its close to what i trained on, what i waged war with, and i trust the platform.

I would like to purchase my own firearm at some point, but I don't have the money right now.

• well. shockingly enough. if you know what your looking for, you could possibly find one for 30 or 40 bucks. ive done it a couple times. oh and LEGAL guns too. 

Depends where I am if that need presents itself. A 12Ga shotgun,, .45 1911,, .380,, .22 mag black widow are all loaded and ready.

• Rick

there's a .45 ACP in my dresser draw ......................

Most home owners are safe with this......... SCROLL DOWN

Benjamin Marauder PCP air rifle with .177 crosman destroyer.....  it can destroy a bird and shoot at human bird if your life in danger.....

• pmt853

I'm guessing that you are in the USA. I am not in the USA. I do not own any sort of firearm and, so far as I know, I don't know anyone else who owns a gun of any sort. I believe that this is much the same in most of the civilised world.

• Staap It
      1 month agoReport

I figure in his country he only need say "Get out" and the intruder says OK  .
      >O_O<   Civilized ya know ?

S&W 642, S&W sport M&P 15, Mossberg Maverick 88 and a Ruger P 95.

• Joshua1 month agoReport

Those  P series Rugers are the best thing Ruger made as far as handguns go. In my opinion of course. I learned to shoot when I was a kid with my dads Ruger P89

Smith & Wesson .38 Chief's Special under pillow, all steel, 19 ounces manufactured 1974.  Loaded with  Remington Green and Yellow box standard velocity 158 grain lead round nose.  Three HKS speedloaders in the nightstand. In desk, Beretta 9 shot Jetfire 950 .25 acp Semi-auto pistol with 3 clips of fmj ammo. Ithaca 20 gauge Deerslayer loaded with 4 rounds #3 Buckshot in closet.  Browning BLR lever action carbine loaded with 5 rds. .22-250 in closet.