It Took Me 4 Years To Earn Associates Degree, Can I Say 2 On My Resume'?

I attended community college and switched my major a few times. It took me 2 years to finish my degree in a particular subject but I was in that Community college for a longer period of time. In the length of time for the degree, can I put 2 years on my Resume'? Does it even matter for the length of time it took?

You have to attach your transcript, which shows which courses you took and when you took them. They dont care how long it took you. they look at the grades and if you worked on the side to get some experience

You CAN do whatever you want but lying on a resume is a really stupid idea.  You also need to understand that all you put on your resume is the date you graduated/earned your degree.  You don't list your high school graduation date nor you list the date you started at community college.  No one cares.  Your future employer doesn't care. 

The care whether or not you have the skills and knowledge to do the job, if you are trustworthy and reliable. That's all.  

• MS

Don't lie on your resume.  But you only need to put your graduation date on your resume - not the full amount of time that you spent there.  If you are completing a job application that requests your dates of attendance then you will need to put the full amount of time you were there on that.

• John

Putting false information on ones resume is never a good idea. If your misstatement is uncovered during the hiring process, you will be rejected.  Even if you are hired and work somewhere for a long time, there is a good chance you will be fired if the truth is discovered.  All you need to do is to list the year you received your degree.

On your resume, you put dates (years) attended there. E.g. 9/2014 - 6/2018. If you were there for 4 yrs, you were there for 4 yrs, and no disguising it. 

You typically would not put the range of years on your resume for education or degrees, only for work experience. 

If you earned your degree, just put your graduation date. For example: 

Johnson County Community College, Overland Park, KS 

AS General Studies, May 2019.

Even if you don't have a degree, if you expect to receive one shortly, you would just fill that in. For example: 

AS General Studies (pending) expected May 2021.

You'd only put a range of years if you didn't receive a degree and don't intend to, or can't predict when you will. For example:

General Studies curriculum, attended August 2016 - May 2019 

or

General Studies curriculum, attended August 2016 - present

Whatever you do, don't lie! If they ask for your transcript, or even call the college to confirm you graduated, it will all come out and you won't be hired since you lied on your resume. And if they hire you, they could fire for lying on your resume even after years of good work, if discovered. No one really cares how long you were in college; what matters is the degree you earn (and, of course, that you're not willing to commit fraud). 

Just put your graduation date. If the employer asks then tell them the reasons.

No, you simply state the years you attended:

2012 - 2016. South coast community college 

Associates or arts et etc