Why do many pursue relationships at all? Why not be alone?

Love thyself

You are good just as you are

Why try to please everyone?

• Tj

Try living alone for years and see how it goes. Being alone is fine when you are young.

• Sky

It's because being alone all the time is very lonely as you might expect.  Humans are a social species of animal.  Overall humans crave interaction, companionship, friendship, love, etc.  They're driven to find a mate to be in love with and pursue a relationship.  You're not trying to please everyone, just the person you're sharing your life with as they try to please you.  It's about embracing your similarities as well as your differences, about loving and feeling loved, and knowing when you go to sleep at night that you're not alone in this world.

Man is a social animal. Sex is designed to be a shared activity.

Some people (most?) seek out relationships because by nature, human beings are social people, seeking love and belonging.  I don't think it is a stretch to say it is in our DNA since even early homo sapiens lived in groups and there is evidence that they paired off (not always heterosexually).  However, you have apparently chosen to live alone and are comfortable with that.  That's fine, but it is obviously not for everyone.

I hate being alone, but I've never had a good relationship. 

• display name
      1 month agoReport

I'm sorry to hear that.  I wonder where you have sought relationships in the past?  If something isn't working for you, change that something.