Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 1 month ago

Is it wrong to advocate prostitution for a job?

My friend send text last night.

Her daughter is not at work and not bringing in monies for home helping out. And my friend getting tired of it

But I tell my friend that her daughter can't work because of the virus. The virus makes only essential people go to work. But my friend insists that is not a excuse because she can sell on Ebay.

I tell my friend what about prostitute? She is 23 and can make more than Ebay? My friend very offended and that she wouldn't believe I told her that. I tell my friend what is wrong with it?

I am from Amsterdam and it legal. There nothing wrong with it. My friend doesn't understand she can make $1000+ in a day and help out with extra money for herself.

My friend tell me that I over step what I said. I tell her I didn't mean it that and to go to Amsterdam and see for herself.

So far, my friend hasn't text me.

Foofa,

I do not have any children. REREAD my question. 

Favorite Answer

It's the troll with fake 'foreign' English again ...

she didnt seem to like it

• Foofa

In the places where sex work is legal it's certainly a viable option for some. But it's a very short career in most cases and almost universally the people who do it haven't planned their lives very well. So this is probably why some people look askance at your daughter. If she were doing this to put herself through university and had plans for a real future they might think differently. 

Although it sounds like good money, most people would not recommend prostitution for work.  It's not a job to get into right now with the virus, for one thing, but there are all kinds of creeps out there and her safety has to come first.  Maybe it's safe in Amsterdam but your friend is not there, and there's no way she, or any mom, would recommend it to their own daughter.  Your friend has to come up with her own ways to make some money and not rely on her daughter.  

• JASON

I doubt very many, if anyone, chooses to become a prostitute. People are trapped by poverty and drug addiction, and lack of education.

She's aware of that little money maker her daughter has. She just doesn't want to think of it being used.