I need help finding a book I read prior to 2009?

I don't remember the name of the book or the author or any of the characters.

I remember it opened with a female medical student in a morgue, I believe she was still in college because later that night she attends a party where a young man drinks way too much and dies. The ending involves him or someone else faking his death with blow fish poison or tetrodotoxin. I've gone through the entire online catalog for the library from 2009 and worked my way back and I just can't find it. Anytime I try to search for it with a search engine I get a lot of medical journals on the uses and effects of tetrodotoxin. Any help would be useful and appreciated.

This rings the very faintest of bells. I've read a similarish story, by a British female crime writer - maybe Ruth Rendell or Margaret York. If any details come to me I'll get back to you.

• Henley1 month agoReport

Thank you, but I checked the catalog again and it's not either of them.

Since you say you went through the libraries entire catalogue, I'm assuming you borrowed the book at the library back then? If yes, then try to email your librarian, he or she will probably know the book or be able to look it up for you.

• Voelven
      1 month agoReport

Ah, I meant to contact the librarian in general. They often have extensive knowledge of the books they have in the library, and even if they can't remember the book you're looking for, they might be better able to search their database for it than you have been able to.