Anonymous
Anonymous asked in EnvironmentGlobal Warming · 1 month ago

Why don't counterfeiters make ones and fives?

I assume they want the whole thing if they're going to that trouble.  Seems like more risk though.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

People would not think twice to look at a 1 or  a 5 since it's a low amount. On another hand, a 100 dollar bill is when people will start to check to see if it's legitimate or not. 

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • kswck2
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Generally too expensive. But stores will get some of those bills made on a color copier once in a while. 

• 1 month ago

no money in it. The larger the amount, the more money thy can make

• 1 month ago

There are three interconnected reasons ...

If I hand someone a counterfeit high value bill and buy something cheap, I get a lot of low value change that isn't counterfeit. One single transaction transforms my fake cash into legit cash.

If I hand over a counterfeit 50 dollar bill, and get change for a small purchase, that note will sit in the shop till until someone hands over a 100 dollar bill and needs the 50 as change. High value bills change hands less often, reducing the chances of someone realising it is fake.

Finally, to do a good job of counterfeiting cash you need a pretty good printing process. That makes it more difficult to produce lots of notes with different serial numbers. A small number of high value notes, and hence small number of fake serial numbers, is easier than lots of low value notes with lots of serial numbers. Usually you end up with repetitions. And if I hand out large numbers of low value notes with repetitions in serial numbers, that's much easier to spot and trace the places they were used.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • james
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

When you are overseas never take U.S. $1 to $50s  Most are counterfeit.  N Korea prints more $1 & $5s than the U.S. does each year. 

• 1 month ago

The risk isn't worth the reward given the number of thm you'd have to pass.

• Cathy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I would think getting change from fake 100s would be more profitable. And the more bills they try to pass the better their chances of getting caught. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

What do you think?

• Lilly
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

There was a bunch of fake fives and tens going around my area a few years back. It does happen.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.