Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 4 months ago

The man I’m currently dating asked me if I’m seeing/dating anyone else, is he insecure or is this a sign he wants to be the only one?

I’m not with anyone else, but me and him just barely started sort of dating but not exclusively yet. Just wondering why he was asking me if I was talking to other guys one night and then the next day asked if I was dating anyone else. Could he being paranoid/insecure already this soon in the relationship or is he just trying to make sure he’s the only one I’ve got my eyes on? 

He may be a man of principle who doesn’t want to engage in potential drama before he  a reasonable question 

• Kaylee

I think it’s a sign he wants to take things further and is wondering if you have any other options out there to see where he stands with you. It’s a pretty valid question especially if you’re going to take things further and sleep together. 

Its a sign of being insecure in my opinion. That's a question he ask after a few months of dating, not two weeks.

He probably wants to make sure before he starts having feelings for you.  He’s just trying to protect himself from getting hurt.