Did Obamacare raise prescription drug costs for older people, as Trump claims — or is the opposite true?

100 % true, and it cost 458,000 deaths and 78 million jobs in its 1st year

Yes, you're right. One cannot thrust what Trump says. So you must check every time whatever he says....

If Trump said it, it's generally 90 percent likely to be a lie.

If it's about Obama, it's 99 percent likely to be a lie.

Sorry, but this is a dumb question.

Some prices went up

Some prices went down

All prices tend to go up- ever heard of inflation?

Also, big pharma is in bed with trump, mcconnel and pelosi- so of course prices keep going up

• Mark

As far as that, no it didn't, but it made healthcare for people who did not have it (you know, PEOPLE), significantly cheaper. It is amazing how so many people think that "the US is the best country in the world", but think people should go bankrupt if they dare to have cancer or a heart replaced."  (This seems to be a modernised "let them eat cake".)

• WOOWHO

that ASSERTION  sounds like that which could ADD

another INCH  to PINOCCHIO Don ..

. already  exaggerated PRO_BOS_CIS 

further contributing to  his BALANCE issue(s )    cause as Pinocchio sings " i got no strings to hold me down , to make me FRET or make me FROWN , i HAD STRINGS , but now i'm FREE( post impeachment NO OVERSIGHT  thanks to the GOP  ) Hi  Ho the merry O i want the WORLD to KNOWnothing WORRIES me .... Down where the VOLGA  Flow there is a RUSSIAN Rendez-vous were ME and IVAN ( PUTIN )  go    LOL   these are the actual words to the  DISNEY song  for Pinocchio 

I’m going to declare it a false statement simply because Trump made it. Sane people are starting to opt this way instead of complicating things with fact checking like we did in better times. 

• a2yar

Trump lies........

• Mark
      1 month agoReport

Oh yes, he does!  Even saying "honestly" he is lying right there.  S is his current (and this is interesting - he has said many times "I only hire the best people: - why does he fire "the best people"?) Of course,Trump fans will 'jusitfy" the firings.

• BB

Obamacare caused my healthcare costs to skyrocket.   

• Mark
      1 month agoReport

Oh, how?  I smell a very advanced case of "irony" here... I suggest you should go to your doctor.  

Trump should ask the GOP they rewrote the bill.

Donald J. Trump is full of **** on this FYI

United States Secretary of Health and Human Services Alex Azar: Alex Azar was the president of major drug company Eli Lilly and Company before becoming United States Secretary of Health and Human Services for Donald J. Trump, through 2012 to 2017 Azar tripled the cost of the company's top-selling insulin drug and In his last year at the corporation he earned $2 million.

As United States Secretary of Health and Human Services Azar has gone on record arguing that the pharmaceutical industry was best poised to discover, manufacture, and MARKET a vaccine for coronavirus; saying 'the price might be high, but that an important vaccine would be created even if many Americans could not afford it.' which in layman term means Alex Azar expects taxpayers to pay for the COVID-19 vaccine.

• Lv 5
      1 month agoReport

Drug companies have costs. I doubt whichever one finds the vaccine will even break even on it. Besides, since its a public health issue, the bulk of what people pay will come through taxes. No one is going to be refused a vaccine because they can't pay for it.